International Watercolor Exhibition Love United 愛在一起 Hong Kong 2016
International Watercolor Society of Hong Kong has announced a great art event called “Love United 愛在一起” . Here is the detail of the event published by IWS Hongkong.
Dear IWS Country Heads and Watercolor lovers,
We are glad to announce the 1st International Watercolor Exhibition Hong Kong 2016, “Love United 愛在一起” organized by International Watercolor Society Hong Kong. This is going to be held at the Hong Kong Visual Arts Centre and Sav Hotel, Hong Kong, from 13th to 16th October 2016.
Located in the hub of Hong Kong, this exhibition pulls together different art pieces by international artists who work with watercolor medium to promote watercolors and paintings around the world. By exhibiting artworks of both the international and local renowned and emerging artists, we aimed to unite artists by our love of art, and our care for the world — “Love. United” presents to all art lovers a collection of world-class watercolor pieces contributed by artists around the world, together with a series of watercolor activities during the exhibition days.
Exhibition date & venue:
- Date: 13 – 16 October, 2016
- Venue 1: Hong Kong Visual Arts Centre
- Address: 7A Kennedy Rd, Admiralty, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong.
- Venue 2: Sav Hotel, Hong Kong.
- Address: 83 Wuhu St, Hung Hom, Hong Kong.
- The biennale is open to all artists working in water media, 90% of the work should be done by transparent watercolor.
- No collage, pastels, class work, digital images, any form of print or reproductions.
- Artist’s original work only. No copies or likenesses of another artist’s work including published source or reference not attributable to the artist.
Conditions for entries:
- Theme: Unrestricted
- Medium: Any traditional watercolor work done on paper, must be original and completed within last 3 years
- Size: Not exceeding 60 x 40 cm
Guidelines for participation:
For IWS Country Heads:
- The country heads will select minimum of 7 artworks of their respective communities.
- The images should be sent together with the application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Naming of the image should be in the format of : Last name_First name_Title_Size_Country.jpg
- The size of image should be between 3MB – 5MB, no less than 8 inches in longer dimension.
- By email: Please send to email@example.com, with your image and application form
- Download application form here
- Online Submission: you can upload your image here
- Accepted artist participating in the exhibition is bound to an exhibition fee of 80 US Dollars which must be deposited by their country heads, and send via bank transfer or Paypal.
- Participation fee will be waived for country heads on the condition that they have selected minimum of 7 artists to the biennale for selection.
- Awards will be presented to the top 3 artists with free accommodation of 2 nights ( 14 – 15 Oct, 2016) in Sav Hotel, Hong Kong. Top 10 artists will be presented with medals and certificates.
- Before 1 July 2016
- Result will be announced in our website and through emails by the end of July.
- Around 200-250 artworks will be selected.
- Successful artists will be informed of the condition for shipping of their artwork .
- Free accommodations of country head will be provided ( 2 nights, 14-15 Oct 2016 ) on the condition of submitting 7 artworks to our biennale .
- Artists that are interested to join our event will be provided special rates for accommodation in Sav Hotel , Hong Kong. Please send your enquireshere.
- Entries Deadline: 1 July 2016
- Acceptance Notice: 15 July 2016
- Payment deadline: 30 July 2016
- Shipping artwork deadline: 12 August 2016
- Opening and award ceremony: 14 Oct 2016 at 6 pm, Sav Hotel , Hong Kong.
- Exhibition closes: 16 Oct 2016 at 5 pm
- Return of exhibited work : From November, 2016