Painting with Acrylics
Acrylic paints are paints whose base binder are acrylic resins or vinyl glue, creating an elastic and stable film. This color dries very well in a variety of materials. It works with water as a medium.
- Fast dry.
- Clean with soap and water. No odor. Comfort at work.
- Good color and quality, although this will depend on the acrylic we use, or we mix pigments, and it is a matter of taste, desires and needs.
- Variety of media. Many mixability with collage and mixed media. This is thanks to the acrylic glue used to paste items, texturing, etc
- You can paint over oil as the final phase of the picture. In this case it is better to dry acrylic fine first.
- The same rapid drying can be inconvenient to have to use liquid retard “retarder”.
- Much can ruin brushes if not careful because the paint dries quickly and acrylic, once hardened, difficult to clean.
- To transparencies can use more water or “transparentizador” liquid.
- To effects, fillings / impasto and glazes you can use a “Gel Acrylic”, mixed with more pigment or other materials. On this issue you can see the entry: Materials to create textures in the pictures.
- Increased risk of crazing in the above table if the work to sudden changes in temperature is exposed and if you added very little water in the acrylic paint.
Acrylic is a painting by which a person can paint in the room of a house without scent to the rest of the house. And you can paint in format, technique and so desired as it provides many free and is a medium that is highly expressive and representational capacity.
We recommend using the same picture the same brand or type of acrylic to avoid chemical reactions that can damage the paint over time.
natural bristle brushes are used as much spoils acrylic brushes. For details and finishes synthetic brushes are used.
To dilute purchased acrylics, besides water, they may also be used “thinners” acrylics, acrylic to remain more stable.
It can be painted in a variety of ways using; sprayers, sponges, spatulas, scrapers, rollers, varnishes, etc. Acrylic is used for the base plus mixed media with other materials.
Manufacture or production of acrylic
They can be manufactured with acrylic own acrylic glues, which also serve to prime, and powdered pigments. All this is sold in drugstores and art shops. You can mix the pigments and glue and put in wide-mouth jars or tubes to fill. In bottle must be air tight so that the paint does not dry out. And the tubes must ensure thread and the lower end well. It is advisable to put enough binder, because with excess pigment can produce more cracks on drying the paint. If we exceed the paint binder will be too bright, so we must seek an ideal spot.
There are a variety of acrylic sale of various qualities. They sold at a very cheap low quality acrylic up industrial-sized cans to paint large format, ideal to spend a lot of paint and expressive fillings. And even more special acrylic professional and excellent quality pigments.